Dear fellow members of the Society of Environmental Health (SOCEH)
We wish all are well and in good health.
2. The years 2020 and 2021 have been tumultuous years for all the peoples of the whole world. The COVID-19 had disrupted Governments, peoples and businesses throughout the world. Singapore has not been spared. But thanks to the concerted efforts of our Government and people, the situation in Singapore has been under control in comparison with our neighbouring countries. Our Society of Environmental Health (SOCEH ) is not spared.
As advised by the Registrar of Societies (ROS) we had to cancel our scheduled Annual General Meetings (AGM) for 2020 as well as 2021.
3. We were invited and had planned for interested members to join our Malaysian counterpart ( Malaysian Association of Environmental Health – MAEH ) for their conventions and World Environment Day events in Kuching, Sarawak and in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah including the International Federation Environmental Health (IFEH)’s World Congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but all the said events were cancelled due to the Covid-19 situation in Malaysia. The trips were not only meant to foster and to further improve our existing cordial friendships but also exchange knowledge and information on environmental and public health matters with our fellow Malaysian EHOs.
4. Plans for local social gatherings and a short overseas trip to Penang and a one-day “Cruise to Nowhere” with an option to visit Bintan had also to be cancelled due to strict restrictions as imposed by our Government. We hope and look forward to organise such outings when the Covid-19 situation improves and overseas trips are permitted by our Government.
5. Earlier this year, we had appealed for ALL members to pay their subscription of $16 for each year of 2020 and 2021. As you would all recollect, previously members (aged 60 years and above) were designated as Life Members and were not required to pay yearly subscriptions. But the AGM amended the constitution requiring Life members to pay an annual subscription of $16. This amendment was approved by the Registrar of Societies. With this amendment in the constitution we requested ALL members to pay their subscriptions for 2020 and 2021. The response have been poor. Hence we would urge ALL Members who have yet to pay their subscriptions for 2020 and 2021 to pay their subscriptions. You may send a cheque addressed to “Society of Environmental Health (Singapore)”, Alexandra Road Post Office P.O. Box 191, Singapore 159921. Please indicate your name on the reverse of your cheque.
6. Alternatively, you may also pay by Paylah or Paynow to Treasurer, Mr Tay at 96643080. Please indicate your full name in the remarks before transferring. After you had transferred, please kindly message Mr Tay at the same number with a screenshot of the transfer for verification purpose. Please note that bank transfer is not accepted. We seek your kind co-operation
Take care and be safe
Society of Environmental Health, Singapore